This is mere reflection from observation of what is happening in the world.
“Catch 22” Latest Update No 39 (09.12.2017.)
May delivers divorce deal after confronting DUP’s Foster
After pre-dawn flight to Brussels, trade talks can begin
“Catch 22” Latest Update No 38 (11.06.2017.)
May DUPed herself in June.
Northern Ireland’s DUP have agreed the principles of an outline “confidence and supply” arrangement to support the Conservatives in government, Downing Street says.
“Catch 22” Latest Update No 37 (20.12.2016.)
A survey on suggestions to reduce ‘black money’ in Indian politics
1. Every political party would have only one central bank account with one PAN and one Aadhaar number.
2. All the donations to the political parties would have to be made to their respective bank accounts digitally. Poor people who are not accustomed to the digital methods cannot afford to donate anyway as they are ‘poor’ without money, and in fact survive on benefits provided by the Government. Therefore, they are not likely to be donors at all. It is expected that only the top 5-10% of the population and some business houses would be able to afford a donation.
3. The political parties would pay digitally from their respective accounts to finance all of their activities.
4. Their would be a flat 10% income tax on the donations.
5. The political parties would have to submit income tax return annually like the ‘public’.
6. The respective accounts of the political parties would be regularly audited by the election commission, ED and IT, and the reports would be submitted to an independent panel of Supreme Court Judges for supervision.
7. This system would make the financial dealings of the political parties transparent.
8. Once it is implemented, no political parties would be able to make any false accusations against another political party or personnel regarding inappropriate financial dealings that would save a lot of time of the Parliament, TV-news and people watching TV-news, and save the people from the inconvenience they face due to so called ‘political rallies’ in relation to all these ‘issues’.
9. It would divert the money used for political activities to productive areas that would improve ‘poor’ peoples’ lives.
10. If some political parties do not agree to comply with this suggestion people would start thinking about their ‘motives’. Don’t they want to make the system transparent and abolish the use of ‘black money’ in politics?
If you agree with this suggestion please write ‘Yes’ in the comments box and if you do not agree with this suggestion please write ‘No’ there.
“Dudh ka dudh pani ka pani ho jayga’!
“Catch 22” Latest Update No 36 (17.12.2016.)
China ‘seizes US vessel’ in S China Sea
“The US has issued a formal request to China to deliver an unmanned underwater drone that was seized in international waters, US officials say.
The Chinese navy seized the US underwater research vessel in the South China Sea on Thursday, the US alleges.
The incident took place just as the USNS Bowditch, an oceanographic survey ship, was about to retrieve it.
The device, dubbed an “ocean glider”, was used to test water salinity and temperature, officials say.
The data was part of an unclassified programme to map underwater channels, Pentagon spokesman Capt Jeff Davis told reporters.
“It was taken” by China, Capt Davis said during a press briefing on Friday.
“The UUV (unmanned underwater vehicle) was lawfully conducting a military survey in the waters of the South China Sea,” he added.
“It’s a sovereign immune vessel, clearly marked in English not to be removed from the water – that it was US property.”
Tags: Aam Admi, AAP, Arvind Kejriwal, BJP, Brexit, Corruption, Donald Trump, Hilary Clinton, Indian Democracy, Indian Lok Sabha poll, Narendra Modi, North Korea, Sarada, Scottish Independence, Theresa May